One of the top professions for the year 2023, is software designing. However, there are various fields in software design
that you can choose from. So here is a list of 5 top careers in software design for the year 2023.
1) Full Stack Developer
A software developer that is capable of working on both the front-end (client-side) and back-end (server-side) of a web application is known as a full stack developer.
Salary of a Full Stack Developer
A full stack developer’s pay may differ based on their experience, region, firm size, and particular talents. Full stack developers typically command greater wages as they gain more experience and specialised talents.
An Indian full stack developer makes an average yearly pay of about INR 6,00,000. However, based on the aforementioned criteria, the pay can range from INR 3,00,000 to INR 12,00,000 annually. In the United States, the average salary for a full stack developer is around $92,000 per year. However, the salary can range from $70,000 to $120,000 per year depending on the factors mentioned above.
Skills Required to become a Full Stack Developer
- Back-end skills: Python, Ruby, Java, and C#.
- Database skills: You will need to learn how to work with databases in order to store and retrieve data from a web application. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases is important.
- Web development framework: React, Angular, Vue.js for the frontend and Express, Ruby on Rails, and Django for the backend.
- Version Control: Git is the most popular version control system for web development, you should be familiar with it to be able to collaborate with other developers.
- Developing and deploying in cloud: AWS, Azure, and GCP is a plus.
- Understanding of RESTful API: Understanding the principles of RESTful API design, and how to create and consume APIs will be needed.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies: Agile development methodologies are widely used in software development, so understanding and being able to work within an Agile environment is important.
2) Cloud Engineer
Engineers that can build and operate cloud-based systems are in great demand as cloud computing gains popularity.
Companies Employing Cloud Engineers-
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud
- Dell Technologies
Salary of a Cloud Engineer-
In India, the average salary for a cloud engineer is around INR 8,00,000 per year. However, the salary can range from INR 5,00,000 to INR 12,00,000 per year depending on the factors mentioned above.
In the United States, the average salary for a cloud engineer is around $120,000 per year. However, the salary can range from $90,000 to $150,000 per year.
Skills Required to become a Cloud Engineer-
- Cloud infrastructure: Understanding the underlying infrastructure of a cloud environment and being familiar with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP are crucial.
- Virtualization: Since cloud systems make use of virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM, it is crucial for cloud engineers to understand them.
- Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, and load balancing are just a few of the networking protocols and technologies that cloud engineers should be familiar with because they are used to link and secure resources in a cloud environment.
- Automation and scripting: To automate and manage cloud resources, one needs to be familiar with scripting and automation languages like Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Security: It’s crucial for cloud engineers to understand the best practises for protecting cloud infrastructure and data. knowledge of security technologies
3) Data Engineer
With the growing importance of data and analytics, there is a need for engineers who can design and build systems for collecting, storing, and processing large amounts of data.
Companies Employing Data Engineers-
Salary of a Data Engineer-
In India, the average salary for a data engineer is around INR 8,00,000 per year. However, the salary can range from INR 5,00,000 to INR 12,00,000 per year depending on the factors mentioned above.
In the United States, the average salary for a data engineer is around $120,000 per year. However, the salary can range from $90,000 to $150,000 per year
Skills Required to Become a Data Engineer-
- Programming abilities: Python, Java, and SQL are just a few of the programming languages that data engineers need to be familiar with because they are required to develop the code that is needed to extract, transform, and load data.
- Data processing and storage: As big data technologies like Hadoop and Spark are utilised to store and process enormous volumes of data, data engineers should be familiar with relational databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases like MongoDB, and Cassandra.
- Data modelling: It’s crucial for data engineers to comprehend the fundamentals of data modelling as well as how to create and use data models.
- Warehousing: It’s crucial for data engineers to be familiar with data warehousing concepts and technologies like data marts, star schema, and snowflake schema.
- Data engineers must understand Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) and Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) procedures as well as how to use software like Apache Nifi, Apache Kafka, and Informatica PowerCenter.
- Cloud computing: For data engineers, familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP as well as knowledge of how to store and analyse data in the cloud is advantageous.
- Data Governance and Security: It’s crucial for data engineers to comprehend data governance and security best practises and how to put them into effect.
- Agile development approaches are commonly utilised in software development, thus it’s crucial for data engineers to grasp them and be able to work in an Agile environment.
Other Software Design Professions that are in demand-
4) Mobile developer
5) Cyber security Engineer
And that is it!
If you want to get a job as a software designer, the Hireyy ATS Package might be the product for you. Hireyy ATS Package is the product for you. With the Hireyy ATS package, you get a 2800% guarantee that your resume will get shortlisted. Furthermore, you will get an assured job in just 18 days. Also, get one-on-one mock sessions with industry experts to practice your soft skills. So if you want the guidance of experts to help you find your dream job, check out the Hireyy ATS Package here.