9993100460 9993100*** show
Paypal hiring candidates for the job profile of software engineer in Chennai on their best salary package in the market. For more details and eligibility criteria swipe down.
Command Center Site Reliability Engineers are the core of PayPals Critical Response Engineering team. In addition to actively contributing to PayPals monitoring and automation platforms, SRE Ops engineers will leverage their system administration knowledge and software engineering skills to quickly identify and remediate production impacting incidents.
• First responders to any system and application events/impacts that are detected in the PayPal Command Center by various monitoring systems.
• Develop and enhance production monitoring and management capabilities leveraging existing platforms and tools.
• Work independently and within a team to triage and remediate production system and application incidents.
• Handle escalations from PayPal partners about critical issues
• Work with Technical Duty Officer and other support teams inside and outside the Command Center in troubleshooting, escalating, and resolving critical site incidents.
• Identify recurring system and application issues and work with cloud teams, infra teams, product development, vendors and other stakeholders in investigating and resolving cause.
• Send external communications regarding outages to PayPal merchants, partners and customers.
• Maintain accurate documentation of site incidents, including impact details, timelines, steps taken for mitigation / resolution.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation for use by all of PayPal operations interacting with the live site.
• Work in 12 hour shifts in a 4 shift rotation model. On-call support may be required occasionally
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding
• 6+ years of software development or technical support or operations experience
• Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
• Experience in troubleshooting/debugging complex multi-tier applications
• Knowledge in Systems and multi-tier application and Network Troubleshooting
• Experience with database concepts (SQL or NO SQL)
• Expertise in Linux
• Scripting languages (Shell & Python)
• Experience with load balancing principles
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with managing incidents